Partner Engineering and Science, Inc. (Partner) is seeking qualified licensed P.E. or S.E. for part-time or full-time seismic risk analysis and seismic retrofit design. Training will be provided for risk analysis / due diligence work. The applicant is expected to be proficient with preparation of structural retrofit construction documents and calculations for various building types. Experience and knowledge with existing and older building types, as well as seismic design provisions of former building codes is a plus. Special consideration will be given to applicants with knowledge of and proficiency of ASCE-41 and various earthquake damage-loss models.
- Regional travel to perform on-site physical building assessments.
- Perform structural calculations in accordance with modern and historic buildings codes in support of building investigations or seismic retrofit.
- Visit properties and conduct on-site reconnaissance including structural evaluations, visual observation, plan reviews and existing report reviews.
- Conduct project research including building department searches and internet research
- Author seismic risk assessment reports in accordance with Partner standards and industry best practices.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering from an accredited university is required
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in the field of structural engineering is required
- PE License is required, S.E. is preferred.
- Solid understanding of modern buildings codes and seismic provisions.
- Excellent communication and writing skills are required. The position requires the ability to communicate technical issues in written reports to clients with limited technical understanding in structural and seismic engineering.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must be an enthusiastic, quick learner with a strong desire to grow within the organization.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, for internal and external (client) communications; technical writing skills must be exceptional
- Must have excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively complete work on projects concurrently
- Proven ability to successfully deliver a quality product on time
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team
- Proficient with standard business applications, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Must be able to read, write, speak & comprehend English
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout the work shift
- Requires the ability to climb a ladder