Innovo Job Opportunity
Location: Washington, DC Metro Area
Project Engineer (Entry Level)
Entry Level position for INNOVO Rotation/Training Program which will allow each new hire to learn all areas of Commercial Construction in the Glass and Glazing Industry. The duration of the Rotation/Training Program is 1 to 3 years maximum and prepares new hire for career path into Preconstruction or Operations. The Project Engineer Estimator Position will assist with the planning and daily execution of bids and projects.
Responsibilities include the following:
1) Bid process: Review architectural drawings, do takeoffs, obtain quotes for materials, and prepare proposals for new contracts.
2) Contract compliance: Review contracts scope and specifications as well as prepare all submittal information and track their approval.
3) Design phase: Review fabrication drawings, confirm compliance with Architectural drawings, prepare RFIs (Request for Information) and incorporate changes.
4) Procurement: Prepare RFPs (Request For Proposals, review their cost and issue POs.)
- Prepare and manage construction schedules, daily reports, site pictures, etc.
- Attend construction meetings, field measure substrates and assist superintendents with quality control.
- Prepare and track punch lists and submit closeout documents and warranties
Bachelor's degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering preferred. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience accepted. (GPA of 3.0 preferred)
- 1 - 3 years of experience as a project coordinator, project engineer, or project manager preferred
- Strong experience in AutoCad and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
US work authorization is required, but the employer is willing to sponsor candidates
6230 Georgia Avenue Northwest, Suite 200 Washington, District of Columbia 20011, United States
10 - 50 employees