Engineering Designer I (Facilities Drafting)
Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, May 23, 2022
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 10, 2022
Internal Reference # 22-088
Engineering Designer I is the entry level classification in the Engineering Designer series. This position will perform the more routine tasks and duties, including designing less complex facilities and pipeline systems. Individuals can advance to Engineering Designer II after gaining experience and achieving proficiency which meets the requirements for the Engineering Designer II classification.
Engineering Designer I’s in the Specifications & Engineering Support Section of the Engineering Services Division work closely with Engineering Designer II’s, project managers, project engineers, the Facility Drafting Supervisor, surveyors, facility and pipeline drafters, and other technical and administrative personnel. Major responsibilities require the use of initiative, independent judgment, critical thinking and interactions with a variety of personnel throughout East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD).
Typical responsibilities may include:
• Designing proposed facility projects (reservoirs, pumping plants, rate control stations, raw water pipelines, storm drains), and related facilities using Microstation or AutoCAD CADD software.
• Preparing drawings and designs for facility projects using EBMUD CADD standards, specifications, standard drawing practices, and CADD computer system. Providing drafting services to support the design of facility, including preparing base drawings, design details and final construction as-built drawings.
• Requesting the preparation of final drawings by the drafting unit and reviewing these drawings for completeness and accuracy.
• Analyzing topographic maps, improvement plans, as-built drawings, system maps, and survey data.
The salary range is $8,246 per month increasing to $8,658, $9,091, $9,546, and $10,023 after 6, 18, 30 and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
Any combination of education and experience that has led to the acquisition of the knowledge and abilities indicated above. Typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is a combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. Completion of the twelfth grade or its equivalent; AND
2. Minimum two years of experience in drafting work, producing engineering drawings using CADD software, equivalent to or higher than EBMUD’s Senior Drafter classification or experience in any or a combination of designing, drafting, mapping of pipeline, facilities, or water/wastewater treatment system installations.
• A valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
• Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
• Must possess physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the job, including sufficient agility to climb hills and traverse rough terrain
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed
Please note: EBMUD requires all employees to provide written proof of vaccination. Those employees with sincerely held religious beliefs or valid medical reasons, as determined by EBMUD, will be exempt from vaccination requirements. Please contact EBMUD Human Resources for additional questions.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 10, 2022. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability