JOB TITLE: GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERDEPARTMENT: CST DESIGNLOCATION: CHORLEYSALARY: £40,000 PER ANNUMYour new companyAMB Recruitment Group are working with an award-winning engineering company specialising in the design and construction of foundations for all types of buildings and structures in all kinds of working ground conditions. They are currently looking for a successful Geotechnical Engineer to join their business based in Chorley, to bring a positive and proactive attitude to the team and to contribute their visions and expertise to the business. Our client is an equal opportunities employer and believe all their people have the opportunity to grow within the company. Job details and responsibilitiesThe Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for undertaking designs and analyses for tender and contract purposes, as well as having a responsibility for leading and maintaining technical excellence internally, externally and providing technical support/training as required. You will contribute to a generative, interdependent safety culture by effective communication between customers, design, estimating and operations. Responsibilities include;
- Prepare competent and competitive designs for piled foundations, ground improvement schemes and contiguous embedded retaining walls.
- Undertake design and contribute technically on larger, more complex engineering projects, working both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Produce competent design reports for projects, up to CAT 3 checking level.
- Liaise with clients to ensure designs are Eurocode/BS compliant and compliant to Scheme Engineer's performance specification requirements.
- Produce presentations and supporting documentation to assist learning and development of others across the business.
- Troubleshoot site occurrences and help to set the design policy for RBL
- Keep up to date with current design standards and developments and design approaches.