Project Manager (up to Senior)
Applicants are required to submit a combined cover letter and resume in one document. Your cover letter must summarize your interest, education, and experience relative to this position. Incomplete materials will not be considered.
To expedite the application process, combine your cover letter and resume into one PDF or WORD document before applying and upload electronically when requested in the online application process.
This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED and applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The first review date for application materials is scheduled for Monday, June 6th. For a full job description and to apply, visit chelanpud.org/careers
Interested parties are also invited to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the position.
In addition to a competitive starting salary range of $88,880 - $111,100 (Project Manager) to $99,600 - $124,500 (Project Manager Senior) (based on qualifications, skills and abilities), Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee's Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Introductory Period: New employees holding regular positions must complete an introductory period of twelve months.
This position will be filled at the Project Manager, or Project Manager Senior level, depending on candidate qualifications.
JOB PURPOSE: A Project Manager is responsible for leading project teams in the day to day execution of projects of low to moderate complexity to achieve an established set of outcomes. Responsibilities include all phases of projects, including initiation, planning, execution, and close-out on time and within budget. A Project Manager may be assigned to manage facility construction or major maintenance projects in areas such as hydro power plant rehab, utility transmission or distribution system construction, major building construction, and/or telecommunications building infrastructure.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability. In the aggregate, secondary functions typically account for less than 15% of the job scope.
# EF/SF % of Time Job Functions
- EF 50% Project Execution: Manage projects of low to moderate complexity according to an established scope, schedule, and budget (approved Business Case). Control project activities by measuring progress in accordance with established project plans and objectives.
Low to moderately complex projects generally have some or all of the following characteristics:
- Low to some risk to the District Small scale Impact up to 10 stakeholders (or more at senior level) Involve a project team of 10 or less team members (or more at senior level) Projects with a budget generally under $5M (greater than $5M at senior level)
- EF 10% Project Planning: Develop plans to implement and manage projects including resource requirements, milestones, deliverables, risk assessments, cost estimates, quality requirements and project-specific policies, procedures, and guidelines. Work with stakeholders to develop project objectives. EF 10% Project Control Systems: Follow effective project control systems to ensure contractor and District activities comply with established work schedules and contract terms. EF 10% Quality Control: Ensure that quality control processes and procedures are in place throughout the project to ensure customer satisfaction and technical requirements of project are met. EF 5% Project Team Direction: Develop and implement viable project teams to ensure effective performance of project functions. Create a team environment that encourages excellent performance and timely decisions. Identify appropriate staff resources and negotiate with resource manager(s) to fill necessary positions. Escalate project issues and decisions to decision makers in a timely manner. Ensure peer review of project work products is performed by qualified staff. May perform some hands-on engineering and/or construction manager work. May perform field data collection using engineering instruments, digital technologies, ladders, lifts, or small tools. EF 10% Communications: Communicate project progress with supervisor, project teams, and internal clients. Assist in communications with external clients, project stakeholders and regulatory agencies. SF 5% Development: Continue to develop and refine project management skills through continuing education and training.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Post-Secondary Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S., B.A.) in Construction Management; Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering; Network Engineering, or a related field, from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Project Manager: Incumbents are required to obtain and maintain PMP certification from the Project Management Institute within 24 months of entry into the role.
Project Manager Sr: Incumbents are required to obtain and maintain PMP certification from the Project Management Institute within 12 months of entry into the role.
Project Manager: Typically requires a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing construction or major maintenance project management.
Project Manager Sr: Requires a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience performing construction or major maintenance project management. Typical experience level is 10+ years.
Candidates with experience managing multiple projects in the following areas are preferred:
- Power plant rehabilitation or major maintenance Major building construction Utility transmission or distribution system construction Telecommunication system cabling infrastructure, or similar
Preference will be given to candidates with experience best aligned with the types of projects to be managed.
Specific KSA's: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic to in-depth knowledge of project management processes and tools Basic knowledge of the systems or projects assigned, such as: Power Plant facility and generators Telecom Cabling/Infrastructure Utility transmission or distribution systems Major Building construction
Basic knowledge of related building construction standards and codes Demonstrated experience in initiating, planning, executing, and closing out concurrent projects Ability to develop business cases, project plans, scheduling, estimating, and contract administration A valid driver's license is required at hire. A valid Washington State driver's license is required within 30 days of employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled). We value diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected classifications as defined by law.
EEO Law Posters can be found on the main Careers page in English and Spanish.
Chelan PUD will not be offering any work visa sponsorship for this role.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)