Civil Construction Materials Engineer
The purpose of this position is to provide overall direction, management and supervision to the District’s Independent Assurance program and Pavement Design.
- Provide Material Design Recommendation (MDR) Reports for project development Provide project design and construction quality control Administer foundation, pavement, and soils testing Monitor Independent Assurance Program for conformance to required standards Provide overall direction and leadership to technical project teams in the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques in the management of project activities for moderate to major scale projects to meet the project requirements.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) offers employees a good work and personal life balance. A flexible telework schedule may be considered pending approvals. Relocation assistance may be available.
Engineer Graduate 2 Minimum Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Construction Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university or its equivalency as rated by NCEES/EAC. A passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam. Two years post-graduation civil engineering work.
- A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university or it’s equivalency as rated by NCEES/EAC AND One (1) year of post-graduate civil engineering work.
Engineer Senior Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensure as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID). (If obtaining licensure through Comity, a temporary permit from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
Both levels must demonstrate on their resume:
- Experience with all phases of construction including materials testing, earthwork, safety, traffic control and inspection, etc. Principle and practices of pavement engineering and pavement thickness design.
APPLY ONLINE BY 5/31/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “54470” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – ASCE.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.