Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Project Manager
The Project Manager/Professional Engineer (PM/PE) manages all aspects of his/her assigned public and private civil Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) projects, including field work, deliverables and client communication, under the direction of the Branch Manager. The PM/PE has a thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, and procedures to provide Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) services. The PM/PE operates under a certain degree of autonomy using the staff and resources allocated to them to provide top quality service to the client while meeting profitability goals. The PM/PE position is a salaried, exempt from overtime position, and may require working more than 40 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
- Able to apply ASCE standard Civil Engineering practices to assigned SUE projects.
- Able to perform project assignments within the scope of work and guidelines defined, within the time and schedule allocations provided. These assignments will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing client proposals and estimates
- Coordinating permits as needed for project execution
- Contacting local, state and federal agencies and client personnel to request and check data, reports, and other material, as needed
- Reviewing and processing field data on assigned projects, recognizing discrepancies in results.
- Preparing engineering documents using AutoCAD and/or Microstation software platforms, and assembling project deliverable packages
- Reviewing invoices and preparing/reviewing progress reports to client
- Able to QA/QC deliverables of peer PM’s
- Able to communicate clearly with other company personnel, including other Project Managers, Field Staff, Administration, and Leadership via telephone, text and email.
- Able to communicate clearly with client personnel and subconsultants via telephone, text and email
- Able to represent the firm at client meetings in a professional manner
- Able to report to work on-time
- Education (Minimum) - B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Certification – Professional Engineer, Civil, in Texas
- Previous Engineering experience in SUE highly preferred, Minimum of 5 years of experience in related Civil Engineering field required
- Previous experience in Utility Coordination a plus, but not required
- Mastery of MS Office products, i.e.: MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a plus
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Must pass pre-employment drug & alcohol screenings
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Sit for up to 8 hours
- May be required to go out to job site, walking long distances
- Able to tolerate stress during peak work hours
Apply for Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Project Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly