Civil Engineer (2-5 years experience)
Do you want to join a team with a diverse project backlog, a team-oriented mentality, and a commitment to professional growth and development? If so, your career goals and vision align with what we are trying to build at Calibre Engineering.
At Calibre, we are growing to serve the needs of clients in the land development, public infrastructure, and federal and military sectors. Our engineers have the opportunity to work with clients in every sector throughout the State of Colorado and across the United States, from leading the engineering for The River Mile in Downtown Denver; to designing infrastructure growth for local public agencies; to spearheading the charge for porous pavement, green roofs, and sanitary sewer heat exchange in urban areas; to enforcing security designs and honoring our military service men and women – our engineers are driven by the opportunity to provide quality solutions that serve our communities.
Currently, we are looking for a Civil Engineer with 2-5 years of work experience. The ideal candidate will show enthusiasm for high quality design and engineering solutions, will be committed to mentoring junior staff, and will offer a background in storm drainage, water transmission and distribution, water transmission and storage, sanitary sewer gravity or force main, roadway design, or other utility infrastructure design for either private development, public infrastructure, or federal installation design. This person will have an interest in learning about and practicing business development.
We are looking to expand our engineering capacity with the right hire that will fit into our culture, vision, and diversified portfolio. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our company values:
- Work/Life Balance
- Meaningful Work
- Reputation for Quality and Service
- Integrity and Accountability
- Visionary Leadership
- Relationships (Service, Helping, Connecting)
In this Civil Engineer position, you will work directly with the company Principals and Project Managers on private, federal, and local agency civil engineering projects located in Colorado and across the country.
At Calibre, we strive to offer our engineers diversity in workflow, and we offer a wide variety of project types to all of our teams, including: residential homes, commercial and industrial sites, military base infrastructure, and local agency infrastructure. Your projects will include a wide variety of disciplines within the civil engineering field, such as water and sewer analysis and design, storm drainage modeling and Low Impact Design, and design and roadway infrastructure.
Our culture is focused on team-building and professional growth. It is important to us that our employees feel like members of the Calibre family. We offer great benefits, employee- focused growth and development, and an open-door policy for our continued maturation as a company.
If you are interested in this position, please apply!
- Help us become the best civil engineering company around
- Plan and design projects following construction and government standards, using design software and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Review studies of geotechnical, environmental, and transportation reports to identify engineering parameters and assess the potential impact to the projects
- Compute grading requirements with respect to earthwork balancing, shrinkage factors, overexcavation and groundwater considerations
- Ability to layout water and sewer plans based on flow study assessments and jurisdictional parameters
- Estimate quantities and complete cost-benefit analysis for materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility
- Prepare or present project deliverables, such as drawing packages, specifications, drainage reports, utility studies plats, and bid proposals to jurisdiction or the client
- Provide technical advice regarding design and construction to junior engineers and CAD drafters
- Independent engineer with high levels of responsibility for design and execution of projects
- Be a part of our company and culture, whether you are the quiet one-on-one socializer or the group organizer
- Keep abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting engineering design
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years of experience
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D for designing and drafting
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) or EIT certification
- Additional certifications, like PMP, CFM, LEED AP are favorable
Salary Range: $69,000 - $90,000 (dependent on experience)