Mid-level Environmental Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Resilient Environments group is currently seeking a Mid-level Engineer who can apply innovative approaches to non-routine engineering problems to join our team in Sacramento, California. The position includes both office work and field work. This role can be remote within the US with a preference for a candidate in the Sacramento or Bay area. The role requires client visits and audits within the Sacramento area.
- Evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks.
- Qualified to execute most standard and straightforward engineering activities, working unsupervised on most aspects of work.
- Performs conventional aspects of design engineering and analysis, acting as document originator.
- Creates and reviews designs, drawings, specifications, and other engineering deliverables involving both existing and new technology and applications.
- Conduct scheduling and coordination of routine Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) activities at client facilities. Includes development of multi-media environmental compliance plans, inspection forms, compliance documentation and summary reports.
- Uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments; Receives direction on unconventional and/or complex problems, and possible solutions.
- Perform research, moderate design tasks, and prepare portions of project documents; Responsible for preparing drafts of technical reports
- May represent Wood and interact in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on assignments; Assists with client communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings
- Participate in proposal preparation and project planning including developing work scope, task-level budgets, and cost estimates
- Travel to project sites primarily in California and Nevada - including some overnight travel.
- Will develop a working understanding of and will apply company, client, and site Health and Safety standards.
Our ideal candidate would possess the following traits:
- Energetic and have a passion for environmental work as a whole
- Eager to learn more and advance their career in a team-oriented environment
- Should have excellent communication and writing skills
- Diverse consulting engineering background (environmental regulatory/engineering)
- Strong analytical background
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering or relevant science degree is required, MS preferred
- EIT or PE preferred
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification
- 5 to 10 years of environmental consulting experience, including field, environmental compliance and civil design experience
- 5+ years of experience with field projects managing contractors and subcontractors
- Sound Project & Task Management (PM/TM) skills
- Process / Unit operations understanding a plus
- Experience with working with Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.