Senior Bridge Hydraulic Engineer
3 days left
- Organization Type
Professional Engineer 2 – Senior Bridge Hydraulic Engineer
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Engineering & Technical Services Branch
Hydraulic Engineering Section
Join the Hydraulic Engineering section as a senior bridge hydraulic engineer! In this role, you will act as a recognized expert in bridge hydraulic engineering with a particular emphasis in bridge hydraulics, scour and bank protection. You will set agency functional and technical direction and standards in support of the Bridge Hydraulics Program. You will also evaluate the scour vulnerability and prepare scour action plans for bridges statewide. Apply today!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
A day in the life:
- Develop our agency’s statewide policies, design guidance and standards for bridge hydraulics, scour, flood plains and bank protection including details, drawings, specifications and technical manuals.
- Review design deviation requests related to bridge hydraulics, scour, flood plains and bank protection.
- Conduct scour calculations and evaluations to establish scour codes for all state bridges.
- Develop bridge scour plans of action and support scour evaluations for local agency bridges.
- Identify and recommend projects for funding.
- Participate in research and technology development expert task groups.
- Prepare and deliver training.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control reviews.
- Provide technical support to project delivery teams.
- Perform contract administration duties including reviewing consultant prepared documents.
- Work in an office environment with remote work options available.
- Occasional statewide travel over multiple days may be required.
- Occasional field work may involve exposure to hazardous conditions, working in an around heavy traffic, exposure to all weather conditions, steep slopes, remote locations and rough terrain.
- May be required to lift 50 pounds.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering and three (3) years of journey level professional engineer experience.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration within six months of hire.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Thorough understanding of hydraulic engineering principles and education and experience designing or analyzing bridge hydraulics, scour analysis, flood plains and bank protection.
- Experience using 1D and 2D hydraulics analysis computer applications and the ability to use MicroStation CAD, Structured Query Language (SQL) databases and Esri GIS software.
- Experience and knowledge in project delivery of transportation projects, construction and technical report preparation.
Learn more and apply:
Our first application screening is scheduled for 8 a.m. on June 21, 2022. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Click the link in this announcement to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer