Civil Engineering Intern
3 days left
- Organization Type
The Town of Windsor is seeking a Civil Engineering Intern! For a full job description and to apply please visit: www.windsorgov.com/jobs
NATURE OF WORK
As an intern within the Engineering Division, the individual will perform a variety of administrative and technical support duties related to the Community Development Department for the Town of Windsor. This individual will work with a team of Civil Engineers as well as other staff members of the Engineering Division. Individuals in this position will, under supervision, perform basic civil engineering work and administrative tasks for the Town of Windsor.
To be successful as an Engineering Intern, this individual should keep abreast of the latest developments in Civil Engineering to determine how Town policies may be affected. Ultimately, an outstanding Engineering Intern should be detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
Individuals in the position are required to perform work in a manner consistent with and exemplary of the town’s PRIDE philosophies and the Town’s Equal Opportunity Employment policy.
HIRING RANGE: $14.23 - $15.29 per hour, depending on experience/qualifications.
Work Schedule: Generally, 20 - 28 hours per week but can be up to 40 hours per week for no longer than 6 months – typically between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday; may include nights or weekends for events, as scheduled.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The individual in the Engineering Intern role is assigned specific assignments, job duties, scope, responsibility, roles, and requirements as determined by the Town, department, division, and pursuant to laws, regulations, and practices. Individuals in this position must be able to successfully perform, be responsible for, and/or assist in the fulfillment of many job functions and duties, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive:
- Perform administrative tasks such as file organization, document scanning, tracking, and record-keeping.
- Updating internal technical databases with new employee information.
- Perform basic engineering data collection and design of Town infrastructure projects to include accurate record-keeping and compliance with rules and regulations of local, state, and federal requirements.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately with the public (using good customer service and problem-solving skills) and in various other forums (reports, memos, meetings with a contractor, and builders).
- Accurately analyzes and manages data from different surveys and reports (i.e. traffic studies, parking, plot plans, grading certificates, construction plans) to make recommendations (reports) for action or in-action or direction as requested.
- Reviews designs submitted by private developers, builders, and/or technical consultants for compliance with the Town’s approved standards, generally accepted engineering standards, and previously approved subdivision grading plans.
- Works effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with developers, builders, and/or technical consultants to revise project designs to achieve compliance with the standards referenced in 8 above.
- Performs related duties as established by law/ordinance or reasonably directed by the Town.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND FORMAL TRAINING
- In the process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or a closely related field is required.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides evidence that the applicant possesses the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions may be supplemental to the education requirement.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one upon hire, that meets the Town of Windsor’s standards.
- A current Engineering in Training (EIT) Certificate is preferred but not required.
The Town of Windsor will make all reasonable accommodations to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity in employment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Town is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, gender (regardless of gender identity or gender expression), sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, creed, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.
For a full job description and to apply please visit: www.windsorgov.com/jobs