Sr. Professional Engineer- TPW Stormwater Infrastructure
A Senior Professional Engineer position is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department, Stormwater Management Program. We are seeking the talent and experience of someone who can lead and supervise the Stormwater Field Engineering Team, which works closely with community members to mitigate flooding and other drainage concerns. Working side by side with impacted property owners, this team works to understand the issue at hand and then identifies, manages, coordinates, and executes drainage projects that make a difference in the lives of Fort Worth residents.
This Position qualifies for the following incentives which is separate from the base pay:
- Sign-On Incentive of $8,189
- Relocation Allowance in the amount up to $1,500 (If relocation allowance qualifications are met)
- Student Loan Repayment Program in amount of $5,200
The Senior Professional Engineer works directly with the Engineering Manager and will assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, goals and objectives; monitor work activities; and make recommendations for changes and improvements.
The ideal candidate is desired to have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, the ability to work independently under the direction of an Engineering Manager; and possess good oral and written communication skills.
Senior Professional Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Manage and supervise the Stormwater Field Engineering Team
- Develop creative solutions in response to investigation of drainage concerns
- Provide maintenance/drainage associated technical support to city staff
- Perform design reviews and provide feedback for Stormwater and street associated Capital Improvement Program projects that include stormwater infrastructure
- Consultant contract administration and project management
- May require some field work, and will necessitate occasional attendance at evening and weekend public/stakeholder meetings
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field
- Three (3) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer of which two years must be within or related to the area of assigned responsibility.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Texas driver's license.
- Experience preparing construction plans and specifications is preferred
- Supervisory experience is highly needed and preferred
- GIS proficiency is preferred
- Strong communication and team building skills with the ability to present complex concepts clearly and effectively
- Solid understanding of drainage principles
- Customer service experience and an understanding of proper customer relationship practices (i.e., having the ability to deal with all types of customers, while remaining pleasant
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance of public infrastructure
- Hydrologic and/or Hydraulic modeling experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.