Civil/Structural Transmission Line Engineer - Austin, Texas
***This position is a hybrid role, working in the Austin office twice a week, and the other three days remote; relocation allowance is available, and this position has wonderful benefits and a collaborative team!***
Is being part of an organization that takes pride in serving the community something that interests you? Are you looking for a chance to use your engineering skills to design and build something that is critical to society? LCRA TSC is looking for a Transmission Line Engineer to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a group that maintains a vast high voltage transmission line system that serves Central Texas and beyond. As a part of the LCRA TLE Department, your expertise will contribute to the growth and maintenance of the transmission system in an organization that strives to enhance the quality of life of the Texans we serve. You will be presented with the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of line design principles, provide support and guidance for fellow engineers, construction crews, and project stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in designing high voltage power lines (69kV - 345kV). You should be able to route and design transmission lines using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, & PLS-TOWER. Be able to design structures and foundations. Provide structure loading trees & review vendor drawings.
• Design Transmission Lines using PLS-CADD modeling software.
• Design Transmission Line structure foundations using MFad, Pls-Caisson, or L-pile.
• Prepare scopes for TL projects and assist in the development of project estimates.
• Communicate technical information to other stakeholder as a transmission line subject matter expert.
• Prepare Construction Documents as well as review and approve other Engineer's work.
• Evaluate material (e.g. structures, foundations, conductors, insulators, etc.) performance as affected by environmental considerations, material degradation, and construction methods.
• Coordinate and/or perform field inspections related to engineering support requests.
• Interface with inspectors, surveying, construction personnel, warehousing personnel, real estate, consultants, vendors, and management regarding transmission inspection, reliability, and rehabilitation.
• Serve as a department representative on task forces, committees, and cross-functional teams and serve as a subject matter expert and represent LCRA on external committees, conferences, and other groups.
•Contribute to the continuous development and maintenance of the TLE Department by the updating design standards, procedures, and process maps
•Provide mentoring to less senior staff
Driver’s license., Ideal candidate will have extensive experience in designing high voltage power lines (69kV - 345kV). Be able to route and design transmission lines using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, & PLS-TOWER. Be able to design structures and foundations. Provide structure loading trees & review vendor drawings. Familiarity with industry codes and standards such as the NESC, ASCE, ACI, and IEEE. Can effectively communicate engineering designs, standards, and processes to other engineers and stakeholders.
Apply for Civil/Structural Transmission Line Engineer - Austin, Texas
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly