Team Leader Professional Services for Program Management Unit for Phase II (Lesotho Highlands Water
Project Description: The Lesotho Highlands Water Project (LHWP) is a multi-disciplinary, multi-phase, bi-national project undertaken by the Governments of the Kingdom of Lesotho and of the Republic of South Africa in accordance with a Treaty signed between the two countries in 1986. Given the evolution of the Phase II program from Advance Infrastructure to construction of the Main Works and the expiration of the current PMU contract, LHDA seeks to appoint a Program Management Unit (PMU) to take over responsibility for management oversight and reporting during construction of the Phase II facilities. Phase II activities are as outlined:
The Water Transfer component of Phase II will comprise a Concrete-Faced Rockfill Dam at Polihali, downstream of the confluence of Khubelu and Senqu (Orange) Rivers, and a gravity water transfer tunnel that will connect Polihali Reservoir to the Katse Reservoir. Other Phase II activities include the establishment of Advance Infrastructure (roads, camps, power line, telecommunication system, etc.), feeder roads and implementation of environmental and social impact mitigation measures such as ESIAs and Resettlement Action Plans. The second Phase of the LHWP also includes the construction of a hydroelectric scheme at Oxbow.
The scope of work includes program management (integration, scope, time, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management), administration of consultancy and construction contracts (including claims management and dispute resolution), and technical assistance.
- Management and leadership of program management team, to include mentoring and succession planning
- Client Liaison and Contract Administration
- Define governance arrangements
- Within delegated authority, ensure that program delivery is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget
- Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program
- Facilitate communication among team, client, and project stakeholders
- Proactively monitor progress, resolve issues and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Overall responsibility for managing risks to successful outcomes Initiate management interventions wherever gaps are identified, or issues arise
- Must have a degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering and be a Professional Engineer or approved equivalent professional accreditation
- Must be a certified Project Management Professional
- Certification as a Program Management Professional is an advantage
- Should have at least twenty (20) years’ post graduate experience in major civil engineering works, including construction management.
- Must have at least fifteen (15) years’ experience in project management for infrastructure projects of at least USD 100 million. Should have served as Program Manager on at least 2 infrastructure works valued at least at USD 500 million.
- Must have at least ten (10) years of experience leading large, multi-sector, multi-cultural teams of experts in the planning, design, and construction of medium- to large-scale civil infrastructure projects, which shall include water treatment projects, wastewater treatment, tunnels, reservoirs, pump stations, dams, hydroelectric facilities, in accordance with international standards
- Must have substantial experience working in rural/remote areas in sub-Saharan Africa or similar context Must have contractor management and contract administration experience
- Should demonstrate experience working effectively within diverse management structures across multiple sites/locations
- Should have direct experience with Quality, OH&S and environmental management systems
To be full-time in Lesotho until completion of all construction activities.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. Place title of role in subject line of email.
Apply for Team Leader Professional Services for Program Management Unit for Phase II (Lesotho Highlands Water
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly