Senior Construction Program Manager/Director
3 days left
- Organization Type
BUILD. MAINTAIN. RESTORE. SUSTAIN.
We deliver extraordinary results by merging inspired innovation with an empowered workforce.
APTIM is seeking a Construction Manager/Director to manage a major capital program situated in densely populated urban settings across New York City. Program scope includes engineering design, climate adaptation strategies, applied science, environmental services, procurement, construction and/or operations. The candidate will have in-depth Program Management experience leading Design/Build and Design/Build programs from concept through design, construction, commissioning and closeout. The candidate will be highly skilled and experienced with communicating and collaborating with a diverse group of key stakeholders including senior level Federal, State and Local government representatives, regulatory agency staff, community members and program staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities. Strong written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking skills, integrity and ethics.
- Team player with the demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for complete technical reviews for all phases of the program lifecycle.
- Monitor Architecture / Engineering Design, and construction progress and quality.
- Facilitate and/or coordinate resolutions to questions or other program design and construction issues. Participate in program meetings and planning sessions.
- Ensure effective commissioning and start-up testing management.
- Directs preparation of program plans and manages program scope, budget and schedule in accordance with the contract and the program's safety, quality, technical and financial goals
- Prepare Risk Management Plan; actively manage Risk; and maintain Risk Register.
- Has in-depth functional expertise, program management experience, and broad business knowledge in the Infrastructure industry specifically for Design/Build and Design/Build programs.
- Represents the program and the company to clients, stakeholders, governmental officials and community.
- Analyze contractual and financial performance and directs activities to improve performance; including all federal/state/city grant funding and reporting.
- Develop relationships with key internal/external customers to identify emerging needs.
- Support the client in public engagement and client leadership / political briefings.
- Monitor and ensure minority subcontracting goals are achieved.
- Minimum of 20 years of industry experience in program and construction management, engineering and/or consulting; specifically supporting major Capital programs in the area of vertical buildings and urban construction.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Program Manager
- BS degree in Engineering or related science is required.
- Professional Engineering License (P.E.) is required (New York P.E preferred) and CCM and/or PMP is considered a positive
- Typically manages programs with A/E scopes and construction values $500M and greater.
*Vaccination against the COVID-19 virus is required for this position. APTIM will consider requests for exemption due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our " How We Make a Difference " Video.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.
Apply for Senior Construction Program Manager/Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly