Water Resources Engineer, P.E.
RK&K is currently hiring a Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Washington DC. As a Project Engineer you will utilize and advance your skills in design, modeling, green infrastructure, flooding/drainage, stormwater management, hydrology & hydraulics design and modeling, and environmental stabilization/restoration. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for an avenue to lead, manage complex projects and mentor Jr./Mid Level Engineers.
What you'll do:
- Develop, evaluate design stormwater management facilities to support commercial, industrial, residential, or public works infrastructure projects across RK&K’s vast portfolio
- Develop water system analysis and modeling for water system and storage design
- Floodplain analysis using HEC-RAS
- Proactively deliver a wide range of water resource projects including river and stream remediation, shoreline stabilization including living shorelines, stream crossings, scour analysis, storm water systems, flood studies, watershed plans, and erosion/sediment control, in accordance with the scope, schedule, and budget set by the project manager.
- Provide excellent client services with a focus on quality and timeliness
- Meet and work directly with other design team members including project manager, project engineers, design technicians, drafters, surveyors, contractors, inspectors, public agency officials, and clients.
- Develop civil engineering plans using AutoDesk Civil3D, MicroStation, GeoPak and GIS while applying knowledge of local, state, and federal design standards
- Provide office and site visit support for projects in construction
- Detail project analysis and prepare permit applications for oversight agencies to address the full range of environmental issues and conditions associated with water resources projects
- Lead tasks, plan budgets, manage subcontractors
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience in Water Resources Engineering/Design
- Excellent Communication skills and attention to details with a team-work attitude is a must
- Experience with preparation of construction plans and specifications,
- Floodplain analysis utilizing HEC-RAS software,
- Experience with MicroStation, AutoCAD, and GIS
Required Education and Certifications
- Bachelors Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or similar)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
- Experience with DDOT, VDOT, County and municipality projects
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.