Performs difficult professional and administrative work assisting the Public Works Director in carrying out activities and engineering support to all functions of department.
- Provides engineering support to the Director -- duties include but not limited to (1) civil engineering, (2) structural engineering, (3) stormwater design, (4) environmental issues, (5) transportation projects, etc.
- Reviews and approves land development plans, stormwater management plans, erosion and sediment control plans, site plans, house grading plans, etc. Ensures all plan reviews comply with Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) standards and practices.
- Prepares designs related to miscellaneous Public Works Projects.
- Performs stormwater and erosion and sediment control inspections to ensure development projects comply with local and state ordinance and regulations.
- Oversees long-term post construction stormwater inspection and maintenance requirements in compliance of DEQ and County requirements.
- Oversees coordination with state and federal agencies related to Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) requirements and other state and federal mandates, etc.
- Coordinates with professional consultants related to projects.
- Coordinates with internal and external departments and agencies, as appropriate.
- Assists the Director in responding to storm water complaints, alleviating the problems where appropriate, and recommending a course of action to the Director where necessary.
- Reviews site grading and erosion and sediment plans for residential and commercial developments.
- Assists the Inspections Department during final inspections to ensure that building sites including residential structures have been adequately graded to properly divert storm water.
- Assists with the review and inspection of stormwater best management practices.
- Assists with the design and construction phase of major public works’ projects such as roads, buildings, renovations, dams, landfill related projects, storm water projects, etc.
- Performs project management for small projects and assists other Engineering staff with County projects.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Full description at www.fcva.us/jobs