The Senior Civil Engineer is responsible for performing various civil design duties on assigned projects, including, but not limited to preparing site plans, permitting, environmental design, SWPPP, drainage, underground utilities, roadways, etc. Other duties include marketing, client management, proposal preparation, and estimating.
The ideal candidate will have the experience required to take projects and tasks from concept to completion with little supervision or training required and would have a New York State P.E. license or the ability to obtain one.
Encorus may help with relocation costs for the ideal candidate.
- Prepare designs for assigned civil projects including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation on projects ranging from small to large in size and complexity. Direct drafting staff in preparation of deliverables.
- Review designs, and existing infrastructure to aid clients in a consultant role.
- Assist marketing and sales in developing new work and clients. Develop proposals for design services including costs.
- Act in a project management role for assigned projects. Manage scope, schedule, and budget to meet company and client objectives.
- Apply company and industry standards to oversee the preparation of calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
- Mentor and direct the work of staff employees for skills development. Review their progress and results. Provide direction and coaching as needed.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction contractors, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address project-related issues or concerns.
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility. Seal and sign drawings as a professional engineer.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in New York is required, or ability to obtain.
- NCEES Record or ability to obtain is required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ten or more years of experience in civil engineering and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an A.B.E.T. accredited program is required.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, MathCAD, STAAD Pro or similar analytical software).
- The ability to collect design information and verify field information, function, and clearances.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, speaking and writing skills.
- Excellent team player with ability to function effectively in a variety of roles on integrated project teams.
- Obtain and keep certifications current, as directed by the company.
- Maintains a valid driver license and drives a motor vehicle in the course of performing field measurements and conducting inspections.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, in accordance with client requirements.
- Must be able to comply with company drug screening, including pre-employment drug screen.
Encorus Group, one of the fastest growing companies in Western New York, offers a dynamic environment for you to advance your career. Full-time employees may receive generous benefits packages, including health insurance, life insurance, 401k, company apparel, and paid continuing education opportunities. The firm recognizes the importance of you as an individual, as well as your life outside of work, providing several social and community events for employees and their families outside of the office.
Encorus Group is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, creed, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, uniformed services status, genetic information, conviction status or any other characteristic protected by law, rule or regulation (“Protected Classes”).
We are a Drug Free workplace U.S. Citizenship is required for employment
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Visit us at www.encorus.com
Job Type: Full-time