At Chastain-Skillman, we recruit top talent. Our team is seeking a Civil Engineering Intern (Engineer II) with at least 1-2 years of experience in land development projects to join our staff in our Lakeland office.
Engineering interns (EIs) perform similar duties required of a Project Engineer. EIs are expected to exercise independent judgment in matters related to work procedures and methods. The scope of responsibilities managed by this position will increase with years of experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for designing, drafting, and producing plans and related documentation, preparing reports, performing technical research, etc. for land development projects.
- Performs a variety of tasks in accordance with the programs and operating procedures of the company.
- Research and become familiar with applicable Federal, state, and local regulations and development standards in a particular field.
- Responsible for completing small tasks and phases of simple projects.
- Perform basic modeling and calculations under supervision from senior staff.