Bassett Engineering, Inc
Bassett Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking an Engineer 2 to join our office. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to join a well-established and expanding organization, then Bassett is the place for you! The position includes working on projects that require judgment, independent evaluation, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of bridge engineering assignments and related fields. Make decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represent the organization in project meetings with clients to resolve important questions and plan and coordinate work.
About Our Firm:
Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm ready to assist clients with engineering and surveying services including the study, design, and construction phase engineering of bridge & culvert replacements; wastewater collection, conveyance, and treatment; roadway reconstruction; land developments, and subdivisions; water treatment, storage, and distribution; dams and buildings. Full Services include environmental permitting, funding assistance, drone photography, and aerial mapping.
- Serve in a Project Engineer role including the planning analysis and design of bridges and other structural projects ranging from conventional to innovative types.
- Perform structural load calculations and bridge plan/specifications development.
- Review design calculations, construction cost estimates, and plans developed by other Engineers.
- Utilize structural and bridge design software.
- Prepare letters and reports:
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical skills in Engineering analysis and design combined with a proven background of performance on these types of projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and bridge design and load rating software.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- BS/BA in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License.
- 3-4 years of structural design and consulting experience.
- A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering and or Structural Engineering is Desired