This advertisement is for four positions which may be classified as an Engineer I or II depending on qualifications and experience of the selected applicant. The Selected Candidate will be part of a team of talented engineers working in the Storm water Engineering Center performing a variety of duties of a complex nature related to stormwater engineering projects. Representative work duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in overall project development including planning, design, engineering, and construction support. Example projects include the City's Stormwater Master Plan Update, Flood Protection Program projects and Sea Level Wise
- Review of Complex Drainage plans or studies for various stormwater infrastructure systems including conceptual designs, preliminary engineering reports, cost estimates, design calculations or computations, exhibits, plans, drawings and specifications for culverts, stormwater conveyance channels, pipes or systems, stormwater management facilities, stormwater pump stations and other specialty devices such as tide gates or barriers
- Perform hydraulic modeling for the City's Stormwater Master Plans
- Assist in bid and contract management for design and construction
- Assist in preparing materials for public meetings
In addition to the minimum requirements, the ideal candidate for these positions will have experience listed in the preferences below. Candidates with the preferred experience should ensure the information is provided in the application.
• Working knowledge and/or experience in the design and construction of stormwater projects.
• Strong background with EPA SWMM and/or ArcGIS.
• Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
• Experience in planning, presentations and overall project development for a variety of projects.
• Experience managing small-sized or mid-sized projects.
• Experience in municipal public works and the field of stormwater engineering.
• Experience in coordinating with Federal, State and Local agencies.