Project Manager for assigned airport projects including planning, design, construction, and modification and maintenance of landside and airside projects at Memphis International Airport, General Dewitt Spain, and Charles Baker Airports.
- Provides inter-agency coordination with contractors, maintenance crews, tenants, Federal Agencies, and other necessary individuals concerning current and future projects.
- Determines and defines project scope and objectives including developing and managing a detailed project schedule and budget for assigned projects. Monitors progress throughout life of project and makes necessary adjustments. Tracks project costs to meet budget.
- Develops scope and fee and manages contracts with various outside consulting firms such as architectural, engineering, and program manager. Utilizes industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout life of the project.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals, Bids, and Qualifications including assembly and creation of project documents, contracts, and/or specifications. Inspects construction of assigned projects for compliance with Airport standards. Assists in developing and maintaining construction and design standards.
- Reviews, comments, and recommends approval of design plans and specifications for assigned projects prior to issuance of public bidding. Participates in bid openings, reviews bids, and makes recommendations. Leads various meetings to include but not limited to design, pre-construction and construction meetings with various stakeholders and ensures compliance with applicable policies and Airport standards.
- Coordinates airfield closures with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), tenants, and maintenance.
EDUCATION – Bachelor’s Degree / equivalent in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field required. Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer (PE) preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) or comparable project management certification desirable. Must have a valid driver license and obtain an Airport Class III AOA (Air Operations License) license within six (6) months of employment.
EXPERIENCE - Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in project and construction management, planning, design, and/or engineering applying design and construction standards. Prior experience in airport or aviation field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES - Familiarity with computer-aided design and drafting programs. Working knowledge of project management techniques including familiarity with project management and scheduling software. Proficient in office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Ideal candidate will have knowledge of Auto CADD, Bluebeam, Procore, Microsoft Project, and Smartsheet.
Excellent human relations skills to include ability to build effective and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, planning, project management, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
Ability to apply principals of sound logic and critical thinking to a wide range of practical and complex problems. Ability to present ideas effectively to an individual or group, formally and informally. Ability to interact with others in a way that inspires trust, confidence, and integrity.