Tectonic is currently seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to join our team based within our Newburgh NY, Henrico VA, Brandon FL, Tempe AZ, Irvine CA, and Latham NY Offices! This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and development with an ENR Top 500 firm and work with a diverse team of licensed professionals!
The essential functions of this position include working collaboratively on various civil engineering projects with engineers, construction teams, and designers to assist in the process of providing high quality deliverables to our clients. They will work on the development, planning, and creation of documentation on civil site design projects addressing details such as layout, grading, utilities, storm water management, erosion/sediment control, roadways, water resources, and regulatory compliance.
Essential functions also include coordinating with civil engineers, drafters, and administrative support to ensure the accurate and timely completion of projects, including the review and approval of documentation, to remain compliant with Company and client standards and requirements. Essential functions also include establishing and monitoring schedules and budgets as they relate to assigned projects, coordinating with clients and contractors on projects, performing project site visits as needed, and all other duties as assigned. This position may require occasional overnight travel.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent; MS Degree preferred;
- EIT is preferred, with ability to acquire a PE license within a reasonable time period; PE license is a plus;
- 3-5 years of related work experience;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2019 or newer;
- Excellent computer skills, with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license and a personal vehicle, as travel to job sites as required.
COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit-sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.