Senior Environmental Engineer
Location: Any one of the UK offices (Cardiff, Edinburgh, Belfast, Dundee, Glasgow, Inverness, Leicester, or Liverpool). Hybrid working can also be offered.
Salary: Up to £65,000, depending on experience
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Hardman Grey Recruitment is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer on behalf of our client.
The successful Senior Environmental Engineer candidate will be responsible for all aspects of professional input to environmental engineering projects and will work as a member of an engineering group. The candidate will provide a level of marketing and business support to help identify new clients and opportunities. They will also support growth and expansion of the company.
Ideally the candidate will have a background in one or more of the following areas, preferably in a consultancy role;
* Air quality to include impact assessment via D1, H1 and/ or the CERC (e.g. ADMS) suite of software.
* Environmental permitting (e.g. industrial emissions directive via PPC/ EPR/ IPC and associated regulator liaison (e.g. SEPA, EA, NIEA, EPA).
* Specifying water and air pollution control strategies/ technologies with reference to the principles of BAT.
* Water management including water efficiency auditing of industrial and commercial facilities and other forms of resource efficiency/ waste minimization.
* Design and implementation support of industrial wastewater treatment solutions.
* Hydrology to include flood risk assessment.
* Environmental noise assessment/ support for industrial and commercial facilities (via BS 4142) and construction/ development (via BS 5228).
The Senior Environmental Engineer candidate will have an honors degree or masters degree in chemical, process, mechanical, civil, environmental engineering, physical sciences or similar. Professional chartership(s) would be advantageous. The candidate will also have a full and clean UK drivers licence.
* Life insurance
* 32.5 days holidays (including public holidays)
* 1 day volunteering per year