Our client is a well-established Design Consultancy company based in Matlock. They are recruiting for an Associate Structural Engineer to join their growing team. My client specialises in the public sector all across East England, London, the South West and Derbyshire. Your role will be to oversee the Structural Engineering function as a member of the leadership team. You will manage the Structural Engineering team by supporting the business and colleagues to achieve maximum potential. As an Associate Structural Engineer your role will involve:
To be considered for the Associate Structural Engineer role you must have:
- Lead the Structural Engineering team effectively with adherence to commercial performance to achieve required outputs and targets
- Support the Associate Directors, Directors and Group Directors, linking effectively and proactively with other teams within the group
- Demonstrate an understanding of Design and Property matters across the group.
- Work proactively and flexibly to support delivery across the professional services, with a commercial and solution-focused mindset.
- Responsible for issue and conflict management, internally and externally with clients and partners.
- Liaise with clients and other parties to support the development of new business opportunities and the management of existing clients and accounts.
- Maintain the highest levels of communication with clients and stakeholders.
- Provide an efficient, effective and business-like point of contact whilst adhering to the groups visions and values.
- Deliver a consistent and professional level of exceptional service to clients
- Excellence in advice towards design and property professional matters across all areas of the group
- Assessing the Health and Safety impact and risks connected to design decisions
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of a project
- Monitoring and inspecting work are undertaken by contractors
- A relevant degree or proven experience in Structural Engineering, including being professionally chartered with a relevant recognised Engineering Institution
- Experience in structural design working in a multi-disciplined environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of building regulations with an understanding of planning legislation and health and safety
- Management experience and leadership competencies
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Comprehensive knowledge of design and property matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and in design specialist packages
- Strong experience in managing Design projects and teams across multiple client bases, sectors and contracts
- A commercially astute and business-focused attitude
- An ability to take ownership for own personal development
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to liaise effectively to support the delivery of professional services; business development and conflict resolution.
As an Associate Structural Engineer, youll be required to work Monday Friday 37.5 hours per week. Our client is offering the successful Associate Structural Engineer:
?????Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Generous leave entitlement
- Flexible working scheme
- Subsidised travel to include rail travel and cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Summer and Christmas events
- Free soft drinks, cereal and fruit
- Company smartphone
- Pension and medical scheme
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd which is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.