Our client, a family run construction business with over 30 years experience requires an experienced Civil Site Engineer to join their expanding team based in Glasgow. They support all civil engineering from groundworks to residential for customers with everything from concrete, pipelines, drainage, earthworks, steelworks, utilities to new projects.
They strive to achieve excellence in all aspects of construction through integrity and collaboration with customers.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates will be expected to have a minimum 4 years experience in civil engineering (e.g., foundations, drainage, roadworks, and earthworks).As Site Engineer you will be responsible for:
Qualifications and Attributes:
- You will work as part of the site management team, sharing responsibility for site security, health and safety, and the organisation and supervision of material
- Check plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Ensure all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
- Liaise with subcontractors, supervisors, planners, including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- Setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site
- Ensuring that the SHEQ policies and guidelines are adhered to and that a Site Safety Plan is implemented in a timely fashion.
- The planning and implementation of site logistics.
- Always ensuring full compliance with the companys policies and procedures to always ensure effective management of Health & Safety.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients, members of the design team and other consultants as well as stakeholders.
- Experienced Site Engineer with a proven track record
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- CSCS Registered.
- SSSTS & SMSTS are desirable but no essential
- Good understanding of civil engineering projects
- Minimum 4 years experience in civil engineering
- Strong knowledge of drainage, concrete, and plot works
- 1st Aid Certificate.
- Computer Literacy.
- Current UK driving license.
- The ability to lead, motivate and develop site-based teams.
- Strong IT skills together with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively. A proactive approach to management with the ability to problem solve