Environmental Engineer Wanted In Bristol 20/24K Plus Benefits
They are an expanding consultancy who are doing some great work in the South West Of England with fantastic companies in great locations. Their main area of business is soil remediation and waste management, either on-site or off-site and they have state-of-the-art Soil Treatment Facilities.
Responsible for onsite environmental monitoring and compliance at our onsite projects. Using this data to assist the technical director in producing technical reports.
Reporting to Site Manager or Technical Director
You will work on-site and in the office on Geotechnical and Geo-environmental investigations and gain experience of interpretative reporting on a wide variety of projects. You should be well organized and relatively independent and have a strong focus on problem-solving. The successful candidate will be flexible and keen to take a proactive role in all aspects of the company's operations and development. Duties will include but not be limited to:
Site-based support of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors and providing assistance to sub-contractors as required
- Fieldwork including soil logging, geotechnical soils testing, and scheduling
- Data collation, review, and interpretation.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative desk study and ground investigation reports.
- Providing logistics assistance to more senior staff.
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health, and environmental standards.
- Management of sample storage and despatch to geotechnical and chemical testing laboratories.
You will have a minimum of years of experience in a similar job with relevant qualifications for the post. Your experience could be a year out of University or current or previous employment