An International award winning Structural and Civil Engineering consultancy are seeking a Civil Engineering biased Design Engineer to join their growing Birmingham office.
As an organisation they are a leading consultancy working within the built environment and experts within civil and structural engineering, transport planning, environmental and geo-technical engineering, infrastructure and as principal designers.
As the appointed Design Engineer you will have the opportunity to design road, rail and master planning projects from conceptual to detailed design stage. You will also interface with a wide range of world-class architects, master planners, specialist design consultants, leading construction contractors, and the relevant government authorities.
As a result you will be highly proficient and experienced in the fields ofhighway design(preliminary and detailed design of Section278, 104 and 38works), surface/foul water drainage, external levels and ground modelling.
Schemes vary in size and you will be involved in the various life cycle elements of developments from conceptual work, through planning, leading to detailed design and approvals.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of civil engineering experience to include highway and infrastructure design (highways, drainage, SuDs and utilities), pre and post planning.
- Experience using Software tools such as Autodesk (Infraworks and Civil 3D) and Microdrainage.
- Seek practical, efficient, innovative and elegant solutions to engineering problems.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant policy and design standards.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer-based communication skills.
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. BEng/ MEng Civil Engineering) (or can demonstrate multiple years of experience).
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Produce highway and drainage designs, together with associated drawings and calculations for technical approvals and construction.
- Extensive communication with colleagues, clients and fellow design team professionals.
- Liaise with highway and water authorities, Lead Local Flood Authorities and other stakeholders to agree design parameters and obtain necessary approvals.
- Undertake 3D ground modelling to assess cut and fill quantities.
On offer is the opportunity to enhance your engineering career by joining a company that will give you a variety of work and experience on exciting projects, recognition for your achievements, a great team working environment and the opportunity to work overseas.
Most importantly you will be supported by the company and the Civils Director to gain Chartership and a clear path to Associate Director level with a starting salary at that level for £70k plus.
- Seniority Level Associate
- Civil Engineering
- Employment Type Full-time
- Job Functions