Excellent opportunity for an experienced Water Service Engineer to join a
well-established company based in Helston
Formed in 1989, the Company handles installation and maintenance of water process equipment for Private Water Supplies in the Agricultural, Domestic, Commercial & Industrial sector. The office is based in Helston, Cornwall, where they service the local community and surrounding areas, as a small family business we pride ourselves on delivering high quality products with reliable and efficient service to all our customer.
We are looking to recruit a Water Engineer to maintain and install Water Pumping and Filtration Systems. This is a full-time, permanent, hands on position; you will be working generally unsupervised at customers sites throughout Cornwall.
You will handle various aspects of the project from fault finding through to installation and final commissioning, as well as producing finished job reports.
Our work is very diverse including a multitude of skills combining both Water and Electrical, candidates will need to have good problem-solving skills with a diverse and flexible mindset.
* Inspect mechanical/electrical components to accurately diagnose faults.
* Conduct routine maintenance, servicing and repair of pumps and filtration systems, (aiming to maintain functionality and longevity of client's systems).
* Replace unserviceable parts to resolve issues.
* Provide accurate reports for repair or maintenance.
* Keep accurate logs of works, noting any issues and further recommendations.
* Work to and maintain current industry standards and regulations.
* On call at weekends for emergency's (assigned by an agreed rota).
* Full Clean UK Driver's License and live locally (within 20 miles is preferred).
* Must be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
* Will need to be organised with the ability to adhere to strict time constrains.
* Will need to have working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and water pumping systems (product specific training will be given).
* Ability to handle various hand tools and heavy equipment, owning basic hand tools will be an essential requirement.
* Observe all safety precautions.
* Good physical health, as heavy lifting will be required.
* Electrical qualifications (preferred).
* CSCS Card Holder (or equivalent preferred).
* Flexible approach to working hours, as some overtime will be required.
* Must be comfortable working alone, with sewage and around farm animals.
In return the company offers a Competitive Salary, negotiable depending on experience.
Pension and company vehicle available.
If you feel you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!
We would also be interested in speaking to Plumbers/Electricians who want to further develop their skills in the pumping sector - full training and support will be provided