Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes , keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.What you'll be doing
As an Energy Engineering Project Manager
, you will be responsible for developing, briefing, and guiding the delivery of energy projects as part of our ambitious AMP7 Energy & Carbon investment plan. You'll be a subject matter expert, working with consultants, contractors, and teams across Thames Water to develop ideas and solutions with the purpose of delivering cost savings and reductions in energy use.The key responsibilities of the role include:
We're looking for you to
- Develop best value solutions and business cases for energy opportunities
- Manage consultants and contractors to deliver technical input
- Drive constantly improving health, safety, and environmental performance through your portfolio of assigned projects
- Initiate and develop communication and good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and resolve risks and issues
- Validate delivered energy savings
- Report project progress and financials
What's in it for you?
- Have a technical degree or equivalent; preferably at or nearing Chartered Engineer status
- Have a track record in project delivery, including experience in design and/or contract management
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver projects to meet both commercial and technical objectives
- Be knowledgeable in energy efficiency solutions (preferable)
- Be driven and motivated to deliver and possess good commercial awareness
- Possess the ability to analyse data and make decisions on partial information
- Have strong influencing and negotiating skills along with good planning and estimating skills
- Be proficient in using the appropriate company IT systems and Microsoft Office software
- Have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, to clearly interact with our customers
This role offers the opportunity to play a key part in delivering our Energy & Carbon plan, working with teams across and outside the business to reduce our costs and environmental impact.Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days of holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service, and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.Thames Water is a dynamic,?rewarding,?and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working?arrangements?, and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing. We're also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.Find out more about?working at Thames WaterWe deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you'll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues, and a earn bit of extra money along the way.Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.