Our client is a highly successful Engineering company specialising in complex structures across a range of industries such as Offshore O&G, Subsea and Marine. They are currently looking for an experienced 3D Design Engineer with Mechanical and Structural experience to join their established Project team on a permanent basis. Based onsite in the Teesside area, this role will undertake and support mechanical and structural design activities and produce detailed fabrication drawings.
The 3D Design Engineer role:
Taking a lead role in the department, the 3D Design Engineer will work directly with the Engineering team to produce CAD models, drawings, and bills of material from specifications. You will take an active part in client meetings and have the ability to produce sketches, amend existing drawings and provide written and verbal descriptions.
Other Responsibilities will include:
* Responsible for the creation and maintenance of parts, assemblies, bills of materials and parts lists.
* Work closely with all departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
* Utilise the CAD system resources to efficiently carry out above mentioned tasks; eg efficiently produce product variations.
The successful 3D Design Engineer will have experience working with Mechanical Structures in a similar industry and be confident in a customer facing role. You will be comfortable managing multiple projects at any one time and have the ability to work as part of a wider team to achieve common goals.
Other requirements of the 3D Design Engineer include:
* Able to produce detail engineering drawings to ISO Standards;
* Experience using 3D structural modelling would be highly advantageous eg. TEKLA. Knowledge of 3D CAD, Autodesk Inventor etc would will also be considered.
* Experience working on mechanical systems is highly beneficial
* Minimum of HNC/HND qualified
* You will have excellent time management and organisational skills and be able to work to deadlines.
Thank you for your application, due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful