Structural Design Engineer Full-time, Permanent £35-£45k Chorley
Our client has an exciting position available for a full-time Structural Design Engineer based in their Chorley office.
The practice has an established nationwide client base including names such as Greggs, Muller and McVities, to name a few, with varied and exciting projects.
Our client are highly skilled engineers who work with state of the art in house design and drafting software. They pride themselves on being a capable and experienced team. Why should you apply?
- Competitive Salary £35 - 45K
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- CPD support
- Immediate start and permanent position
- Company Pension Scheme
- Car allowance available for right candidate
- Must have experience with British Standards and EuroCodes
- At least 2 years design experience post-graduation and ideally be progressing towards A.M.IStructE or Chartered status
- Experience in designing steel frames, concrete sub-structures, foundations and drainage
- Experience in the use of 2D CAD, 3D Revit, TEDDS, Tekla and drainage modelling software or similar packages would be preferable, with the ability to design, specify and detail building structures
- Have thorough attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Full driving licence
- Preparing reports, designs and drawings
- Providing technical advice
- Obtaining building regulations approval
- Liaising with relevant professional staff
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
- Managing projects
- Inspecting properties to check conditions/foundations