Our Skanska Costain STRABAG joint venture team is working in partnership with HS2 to deliver the new London tunnels from Euston to West Ruislip. Our joint venture team is working on sites at Euston, Old Oak Common and West Ruislip, building tunnels 13 miles long and up to 50m deep, supporting delivery of HS2 phase one.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer - Utilities
to join our HS2
team onsite in London
. You will be responsible for Responsible for carrying out regular site inspections to numerous technical standards to ensure works are carried out as per the works specifications.
* Issuing of HOSWA (Handover of Statutory Working Area) to the SU
* Identify blockers on site and work with the SU/team to overcome them
* Weekly progress reports for the team/Client, once diversions completed arrange for protection of new assets and removal of redundant services (or grouting if left in situ) ensuring all works are in strict accordance with the relevant Statutory and Regulatory standards
* Compile and include quarterly updates of the HS2 Construction Phase Plan from the outset and throughout the project
Ideal CandidateSkills and Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of technical standards relating to the utilities industry
- A strong understanding of site operations
- Able to review technical information such as specifications, drawings and design information and apply this to operational situations
- Ability to influence key stakeholders such as clients representative, operational teams and supply chain
- Ability to review, verify and compile site handover documentation