About the Role
Working location is Flexible
This exciting position is for a passionate all round Senior Engineer who already has an excellent track record of delivering a variety of Highway projects and other types of civil engineering projects to date. The ideal candidate will be someone who wishes to take their career to the next level in highway and general civil engineering design, helping us grow our Highway project portfolio.
As a Senior Engineer you are expected to have a strong track record in one or, preferably, multiple sectors that BakerHicks operates in. You will ideally be a Chartered or an Incorporated Engineer with experience of working on and delivering a variety of medium-size projects and possibly managing small packages on large projects. Youll be working as part of an enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver high quality output on projects. Client care and repeat business is crucial to BakerHicks success, so youll need to be able to develop and nurture relationships with our clients (both internal and external).Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Skills & ExperienceEssential
- Provide Highway and Civil Engineering services design and consultancy work on behalf of BakerHicks under the direction of the line manager or project lead.
- Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief.
- Check calculations and detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, project brief and customer requirements.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Ensure team compliance with company quality management and best practice for Perfect Delivery.
- Management of Engineers, Early Careers and Technicians in the production of calculations, design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison, liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and any other relevant duties.
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers calculations and drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects in at least one sector that BakerHicks operates in.
- Confident communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex ideas simply.
- An ability to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders that deliver long term benefits.
- Considerable civil engineering design, technical detailing and specification writing experience.
- Proficient in the design of below ground foul and surface water drainage using Microdrainage software.
- Be fully conversant with the basics of CIRIA 753 (The SUDS Manual), Sewers for Adoption and other relevant British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to civils design and specification.
- Experience in design and specification of external works including site, earthworks and below ground utilities layouts and levels.
- Chartered or Incorporated Member of ICE (or equivalent).
- Experience of contributing to bids, proposals and tender submissions.
- Experience of delivering multi-disciplinary projects in several sectors that BakerHicks operates in.
- Experience of managing small teams from Apprentices and Graduates to Engineer and Technician level.
- Experience in managing commercial elements of projects.
Irelands largest hospital. Europes most complex station development. World-class biomedical research laboratories. At BakerHicks, we provide an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results.
Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.Benefits
Working at BakerHicks means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, youll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development