Martin-Baker is the world's leading manufacturer of ejection seats and related equipment. It is the only company that can offer a fully integrated escape system that satisfies the very latest in pilot operational capability and safety standards. Martin-Baker offers a complete 'end-to-end service', from helping the customer to establish operational safety and escape requirements, including design, development and qualification, to on-going support throughout the entire service life of the aircraft.
A vacancy has arisen for an Environmental Test Engineer in the Environmental Test department at the Denham site. The purpose of this role is:
Areas of Responsibility:
- To produce detailed, precise and technical documentation to describe the test procedure to be enacted, criteria against which success shall be measured and requirements being met.
- To generate through test, data analysis or a combination of the two, credible and substantive evidence to demonstrate compliance with the environmental requirements of customer specifications.
- To produce detailed, precise and technical test reports to present the results, analysis and technical discussion in order to obtain customer approval.
- To provide support for queries raised both internally by ET colleagues as well as externally by internal and external customers
Education & Qualifications:
- Conduct and supervise product testing.
- Evaluate post test data, through reduction analysis and interpretation of instrumentation data and develop analysis tools.
- Preparation of Test Procedure, plans and schedules to include test facility selection and oversight, test design and fixture development
- Prepare and issue Test Reports for review and approval by customer(s) both internal and external to MBA
- Conduct analysis of any failure encountered during Test.
- Provide support to basic enquires received from internal and external customers/ suppliers/ partners etc on Test queries.
Specific / Technical Skill
- 2.1 / 1st degree qualified or equivalent gained through work experience - mechanical / aeronautics or similar and ideally aerospace structures
- IMECHE membership desirable
- Developed communication skills: able to communicate verbally, in presentation format and in writing.
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Basic macro writing experience is beneficial.
- User knowledge of SAP is beneficial
Knowledge & Experience:
- Attention to Detail - thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results - sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach
- Judgement and decision making - evaluates key decision making criteria
- Planning and organising - organises work of self and contributes to the planning for the department
- Analysis and problem solving - sees basic relationships and reacts positively
- Working collaboratively - actively contributes to achieve organizational objectives
All published adverts will be aligned with the Company's Diversity and Inclusion commitment. All candidates will be treated equally and fairly, regardless of their background, or any characteristic protected by law. Candidates will be selected entirely on their skills and competencies and in alignment with each role's specifications and / or requirements. For all successful candidates, Martin-Baker will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
- Experience in conducting successful tests and producing reports and technical data.
- Awareness of Military and civilian test standards including MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 & Defence Standard 00-970.
- Knowledge and understanding of two or more of the following core test environments:
- Vibration / Shock / Acoustics
- Crash resistant seat civilian and military test standards
- Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (EEE)
- Statistical / trend analysis
- Knowledge of signal processing and analysis