Senior Engineer Water Tech Scotland
RPS is recruiting for a Senior Engineer for our Water Technical Team based in Scotland (Kirkintilloch - with Hybrid / Work from home options available)
The role will involve acting as Senior Engineer as part of a team of skilled engineers supporting our clients in reducing risk to water quality for their customers.
RPS is unique in the water industry. Our approach to water management flows from Strategy to Operations - an approach built on bringing together the practical operational knowledge of our field teams, together with the deep technical understanding of our engineers, modellers, analysts and asset managers. This enables us to develop and deliver confidently pragmatic water management strategies solving problems that matter to our clients - reducing leakage, pollution and flooding - in the most efficient and effective ways we can find. What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- The Senior Engineer will be responsible for developing new and existing ideas for the engineering and design challenges faced by the team
- Providing technical expertise and support on the issues that arise during the life of the team's projects to support successful project delivery
- Manage own projects which focus on the opportunities which will further enhance and develop the skills and ability of the team.
Education and experience
- Water industry knowledge, clean water networks and infrastructure
- Knowledge of water quality in transmission and distribution of clean water networks desirable
- Working knowledge of network modelling software (EPANET, Infoworks WS)
- Working knowledge of QGIS, ArcGIS
- Experience leading a project team of engineers, assistant engineers, and graduates in delivering multiple projects
- Ability to develop new ideas and solve engineering challenges using new or existing technologies
- Risk Management techniques, Quality Standards, CDM regulations
- Continual improvement, sustainable practices, and applicable environmental regulations
- Leadership and ability to develop others
- Full clean driving license
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's Degree in science or engineering or equivalent relevant qualification
- Professional qualification in project management at an introductory level
- Profession registration as either a Chartered Scientist or Chartered Engineer desirable
- Research and development of engineering solutions
- Experience working in a design/construction environment
RPS understand that part of their role as an employer is giving our people the opportunity to achieve their full potential. Whether this is through working on major industry frameworks and projects or through providing a structured learning and development programme with tailored training courses, the growth and development of our people really is the key to our continued success. What happens next?
Ifthis opportunity suits your career journey, we'd love to hear from you. Allapplications will be considered, and if you'd like to discuss the role in moredetail, please contact . Readyto apply? Please have your CV ready and continue with your application online.