CIVIL ENGINEER The Company
Our client is a leading structural and civil engineering consultancy. They are a collaborative team made up of structural, civil engineers, technicians and supporting experts, all with a passion and expertise in the design and delivery of high-quality buildings and the spaces in between.
They are now looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to join their team in their Birmingham office. The successful candidate will have effective project and client management skills together with a high standard of written and oral communication. We are looking for a team worker with a positive approach who enjoys generating and applying creative solutions to project challenges. Sound commercial awareness is vital. Responsibilities:
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
- Site audits and feasibility assessments.
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing.
- A relevant degree with, ideally, experience in a civil engineering role working in a Consultancy
- Experience of writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Be skilled in preparing drawings using AutoCAD and design of foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage
- Some experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack.
- Knowledge of ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.
What To Do Next
- Competitive starting salary with annual salary review
- 25 days' holiday
- Option to buy additional holiday or sell holiday not used plus additional holiday based on length of service
- Annual bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Support with ICE / IStructE Professional Development to Chartership level
- Company pension scheme with independent pension advice service
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.