Vertical Recruitment are working closely with an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy, they have an opportunity for a Graduate Civil Structural Engineer and to help to shape the rail networks of the future. They are a friendly and professional team, always open to new perspectives and looking for ways to collaborate. Get your career off to a great start as you combine your academic knowledge with practical experience as a graduate civil/structural engineer. They will help you along the way with mentorship, networking opportunities, training and support to becoming chartered with the Institution of Civil/Structural Engineers. Your start date will be September 2022 with a mix of office and homeworking available.
What you'll be doing:
* Undertake the development of engineering options for a proposal so that full consideration is given to safety, reliability, operational capacity modelling, maintainability, ease of construction, and environmental/whole life issues.
* Participate in the selection of a single option for development
* Prepare the full engineering data package required for commencement of the detailed design, and participate in answering on-going clarifications/queries as needed.
* Support in all associated duties and carry out cross discipline engineering checks in association with engineers of other disciplines.
* Manage the engineering interfaces of allocated proposals with concurrent work in other disciplines.
* Assist in the preparation of technical outputs to the highest standards in accordance with the Capita's quality management system
* Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications
* Opportunity to work under mentorship to develop your chartership
* Becoming familiar and compliant with relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote Capita's SHEW culture within your team
What we're looking for:
* Engineering degree in a relevant discipline with a grade of 2:1 or higher
* Desire to work towards chartership for the Institute of Civil/Structure Engineers
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to communicate with a variety of audience using different mediums.
* Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
* Able to manage your own time to meet project deadlines and budget targets.
* Shall have a sound understanding of the Construction Design and Management (CDM) 2015 Regulations & Common Safety Method (CSM) 2013 Regulations, specifically the designer's requirements.
Our client is one of the UK's largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. They have 20 offices in the UK offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that they are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
What's in it for you?
* a competitive basic salary - plus we'll pay for professional body membership fees
* 23 days' holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
* company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
* voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socializing, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
* flexible working options available - just ask