Principal Structural Engineer (Cardiff)
My client, a major multidisciplinary Consultancy specialising in Civil, Structural and Water Engineering are offering an excellent opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer to join their thriving team in Cardiff!
They house a broad range of specialists offering a great diversity of skills throughout both the public and private sectors. They have an excellent reputation and an exciting opportunity for you! Responsibilities:
You will be involved in designing projects in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridgeworks and preparing schemes for tender (typically using the NEC3/4 Forms of Contract). You will undertake feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems and identifying options. You will be able to assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work, alongside taking a leading role in the design and inspection for major engineering structures and bridges. You will help ensure that critical infrastructure and public building projects are sustainable and environmentally appropriate. Requirements:
Benefits of the role include:
- A degree in a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council.
- Proven experience in the design of all aspects of highways and civil engineering.
- A brilliant knowledge of all relevant legislation and guidelines (including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards and Codes of Practice).
- A working knowledge of highway and civil engineering specifications.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous holiday with the option to buy extra leave.
- Access to employee network groups.
- Cycle2work scheme.
- A company matched pension.
My client is a brilliant multidisciplinary consultancy, with 3700 staff members working in 50 offices. If you are looking to join an established business with a great reputation in the market, this is the role for you!
If you are interested in the role, please do not hesitate to call Hannah Parker on or email to .