Job Title: Environmental Test Engineer (Ref:20312) Location: Silverstone Package: up to £35k Job Type: Full Time The Role Summary
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Test Engineer as we expand the capabilities testing with new state of the art facilities.
The role holder shall be responsible for test and measurement of automotive components and samples, using equipment such as climatic chambers and data loggers for temperature and humidity, and electrodynamic shakers for shock and vibration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out testing on customer equipment against a range of specifications associated with testing to the accredited Standard. To also carry out pre-scan testing to non-accredited standards for customers.
- Perform non-accredited testing to a range of specifications associated with automotive climatic, shock and vibration test standards for customer equipment.
- To ensure that the file sign-off for approval to proceed with testing is made prior to undertaking test - liaise with appropriate senior engineer or laboratory manager.
- To carry out testing in an objective manner according to the Test Technical Procedures and generally in accordance with the Test quality manual.
- To construct test systems and arrangements for test work. To assist with the general laboratory duties associated with testing.
- Satisfy oneself that the EUT is adequately defined prior to commencing any testing referring to the Quality Manual where necessary.
- To carry out tests according to the Test Technical Procedures and generally in accordance with the quality manual. All test work to meet or exceed that level of quality required by ISO17025 and audited by UKAS.
- To support commissioning of new test equipment and calibration.
- Report any inconsistencies in any documents or procedures to senior staff or commercial/sales department.
- To work with or as directed by (if applicable to the job) the senior engineer to ensure file completion. To complete all worksheets up to date at the end of each working day.
- Liaise with commercial/sales department, and then as directed with customers, on technical and administrative issues relating to test work.
- As directed prepare test reports on a word processor for customer product compliance testing and make copies. To be responsible for the accurate content of such reports and to sign as originator of the document.
- To ensure that unattended products are checked and working in test set-up at least 3 working days prior to proposed test date.
- More than one year in test and measurement to national or European standards with electro-mechanical products. However, newly qualified graduates shall be given training until they are competent at performing tests unsupervised.
- Usable knowledge of the operation of PCs and associated software (especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Automated Test Software).
- The ability to accurately record test results and write test reports.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A good telephone manner is required with some experience of customer contact.
- Ideally, experience of using engineering workshop equipment and machines where necessary to modify parts, test equipment and fixtures.
- Experience of mechanical design of test fixtures and manufacture.
- The minimum qualification for this position is a HNC/HND or NVQ level 4 in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent scientific/engineering qualification.
- Alternatively, a proven level of experience within the field of Environmental or Mechanical testing will be considered.
- A clear and precise command of the English language or native speaker.
A worldwide leader in the test, inspection, and certification sector. We are a trusted partner, enhancing the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations.
We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and motivated team that is committed to operational excellence.