The responsibilities of the Engineer I position include:
- Analyze the system design, programming, and modification.
- Develop plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments.
- Prepare systems scopes studies and data for cost estimations and analyses.
- Conduct site inspections to ensure adherence to engineering standards.
- Develop transmission design software knowledge to model wood/steel structures and deep foundations.
The Requirements of the Engineer I position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college/university.
- Basic knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering specialty.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations (if required for the position).
- Ability to interact favorably with project and work teams.
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.