Energy Resourcing are working with their internal client on a great opportunity for a Civil Engineer - Level II to join the team. Working from within the UK on a international project the successful candidate will gain a contract with a minimum of a 12 month duration.
- Deliver civil engineering services that meet the clients, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Responsible for supporting lead engineer in the technical delivery of civil related elements relating to the major project including roads, bulk and detail earthworks mining support infrastructure and general non-processing infrastructure development.
Perform tasks such as:
1. Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
2. Clarification of project scope and identify changes to the lead civil engineer as per project change management processes;
3. Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Support technical development of solutions, recommendations and creates final documentation for project deliverables.
4. Participates in bid clarifications, conducts bid evaluations, completes inter-discipline vendor information review and approval, and finalizes other certification activities.
- If required, supervise civil drafting to deliver project requirements under direction of a lead civil engineer.
- Where opportunities arise, support the lead civil engineer on specific projects where the responsibility include:
1. Scope management
2. Promotion of work-share between various offices
3. Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer's requirement
What you will bring
- Pro-actively resolve any discrepancies between the client and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in civil engineering.
- Support effective communication with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Technical and Industry Experience
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 5 years plus experience in civil engineering design in the mining, energy and/or infrastructure sector
- Experience in Resource Sector preferred with experience in the ferrous sector is desirable but not essential
- Familiar with drainage software such as Tuflow will be advantageous
- Familiar with software such as MicroStation, AutoCAD and 12D would be beneficial
- Keen attitude to learn new design tools as well modes project delivery
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Exposure to developing civil design across a range of project cycles using Australian Standards
- Knowledge of Rio Tinto or BHP standards & systems knowledge is preferable, but not critical
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environment including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools
- Competent use of civil engineering specific software
- Worked with team with diverse background
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status