My client is an award winning Civils contractor. We are now looking for a civil engineer with strong water/wastewater sector experience to join their growing Operations team.
In this role you'll assist with reviewing the mandate and preparing a scope, methodology, programme and resource estimate for implementing the design stage of the project and design support during construction.
In addition, you'll provide designs which are innovative and deliver value for money whilst acting as a proactive problem- solver by applying engineering principles.
* Embrace BIM360 and assist in the development of 3D models of the project to achieve the project requirement of a fully attributed 3D model to facilitate the manipulation of data and to allow site construction without 2D drawings
* Coordination of multi-disciplinary design produced by the core design team, external partners and the supply chain
* Drive excellence in Health and Safety in design by eliminating hazards and reducing risks during design whilst complying with Alliance CDM procedures
* Progress projects from feasibility stage through detailed design to construction
* Attend and document site surveys to review opportunities, risks and mitigation plans
* Actively integrate with the project planning activities ;proactively contributing to an integrated delivery programme that covers all stages of design, construction and commissioning
* Identify and promote opportunities to meet the project digital, sustainability, innovation and people objectives
To join us on the team, you'll hold a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and possess good knowledge and experience of undertaking structural calculations for various concrete structures. With demonstrable experience in undertaking design of various civil engineering structures within the Water and Waste Water Industry, you'll be comfortable in using MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages not limited to TEDDS by Tecla, Staad Pro, AutoCAD, Robot, CIVIL3D, and Revit, etc.
Confident in producing technical sketching to the British Standards and or Eurocode, you'll be accustomed to communicating with a range of people as you collaborate to meet, and exceed, stakeholder expectations. Your strong reporting writing skills and data analysis capabilities will allow you to understand our challenges and enthusiastically suggest enhanced ways of working