Oversees and performs project management of major Public Works transportation and utilities projects including design, right-of-way acquisition and construction. Prepares and manages preparation of complex plans and specifications requiring the application of advanced engineering knowledge. Prepares and implements schedules. Monitors project budgets and ensures expenditures remain within budget guidelines. Prepares and manages consultant agreements for various services including design, surveying, environmental, right-of-way acquisition, construction inspection and other project services. Prepares legal descriptions for rights-of-way, easements, annexations, LID’s, etc. Develops exhibits and schedules open houses to inform, receive feedback and educate the public on the plans and details of assigned projects. The City of Wenatchee is a medium sized city with large sized city capital improvement projects. We have exciting projects on the horizon. One of the most exciting is a $177M transportation project that will span over a decade.
Below are some of the projects the person in this position may be assigned to work on:
- Confluence Parkway Suite of Transportation Projects https://www.applecapitalloop.info/ ($177M)
- Construction of a new anaerobic digester and mechanical building ($16M)
- Construction of transportation corridor upgrades ($6M) Transportation Pavement Preservation ($3.5M)
- Water Quality Stormwater Basin Improvements ($1.5M)
- Sewer Extension ($1.4M), Wastewater Treatment Plant Blower Replacement
- Replacement of 2,800 linear feet of asbestos-cement water mains ($1M)
- Water Quality Renovation; Outfall Retrofit; Canyon Drain
- Traffic Signal Install; Roundabout Construction
- Pavement Management Program
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Four years of relevant professional Civil Engineering experience including project design and construction management.
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer.
- Must obtain registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in Washington State within one year of hire and maintain throughout employment.
City of Wenatchee Government
The City of Wenatchee is a full-service City employing 180 employees. In addition to Public Works, other departments include Police, Community Development, Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services, Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. The City operates under a Strong Mayor form of government with seven council members. Active boards and commissions advise the City Council with governance.
The City of Wenatchee is home to 34,741 people with 116,178 living in the greater Wenatchee area. Located in a beautiful valley at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers and on the east slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, the city enjoys abundant sunshine with four distinct seasons. The average rainfall is a mere 10 inches per year making the region a focal point of Washington State for outdoor recreation. Wenatchee is the largest city in rural North Central Washington and thus provides a small-town atmosphere with big city amenities striking a great balance between rural and urban qualities of life.
A Comprehensive View of our Region
Find out more about the City at www.wenatcheewa.gov.
Some of the tourism highlights of the region can be viewed at https://www.visitchelancounty.com/ and Wenatchee Valley Chamber of Commerce (www.wenatchee.org).
“We Are Wenatchee Part I” https://vimeo.com/88411706
“We Are Wenatchee Part II” https://vimeo.com/121429638
“We Are Wenatchee Part III” https://vimeo.com/208608170
Our historic downtown is a nationally recognized Main Street with an active downtown association https://wendowntown.org/.
How to Apply
Please go to www.wenatcheewa.gov/Job Opportunities, to view the Job Description including qualification requirements and download application materials. Click Here for quick access to full job information. The following constitutes a complete application package:
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Application for Employment
- Supplemental Application
Complete application packages may be emailed (HR@WenatcheeWA.Gov) or mailed (City of Wenatchee Human Resources Department, PO Box 519, Wenatchee, WA 98807-0519).
Open Until Filled: Applications Reviewed Upon Receipt