Principal Structural Engineer - Cardiff
My client, a major multidisciplinary Consultancy specialising in Civil, Structural and Water Engineering are offering an excellent opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer to join their team in Cardiff! Why this consultancy?
You could work alongside a broad range of specialists offering a great diversity of skills. They work in both the public and private sectors and have a brilliant reputation and this could be an exciting opportunity for you to work in a truly excellent consultancy! My client is a brilliant multidisciplinary consultancy, with 3700 staff members working in 50 offices. If you are looking to join an established business with a great reputation in the market, this is the role for you! What are the responsibilities?
What are the requirements?
- Designing projects in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridgeworks and preparing schemes for tender (typically using the NEC3/4 Forms of Contract).
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems and identifying options.
- Assisting in preparing fee estimates and bid work, alongside taking a leading role in the design and inspection for major engineering structures and bridges.
- Ensuring that critical infrastructure and public building projects are sustainable and environmentally appropriate.
What are the benefits?
- A degree in a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council.
- Proven experience in the design of all aspects of highways and civil engineering.
- A brilliant knowledge of all relevant legislation and guidelines (including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards and Codes of Practice).
- A working knowledge of highway and civil engineering specifications.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous holiday with the option to buy extra leave.
- Access to employee network groups.
- Cycle2work scheme.
- A company matched pension.
If you are interested in the role, please do not hesitate to call Hannah Parker on 01792 365000 or email to . I look forward to hearing from you!