Experience in any of the following is critical for success in this role - site planning, civil engineering, land development, and municipality.
*Hybrid Schedule offered: Monday-Wednesday in-office, Thursday-Friday flexible/remote days.*
The Site Development/Real Estate Project Manager is responsible for managing all pre-construction activities including the preliminary civil engineering, due diligence and entitlement phase of the new store site acquisition process, ensuring compliance with corporate processes and standards. The position works together on a team with Real Estate Managers, Attorneys, Design and Construction Professionals.
What You'll be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Manages the civil engineering consultant selection, hiring, contracting and performance, for the purpose of the first phase of development – defined as property acquisition, lease, or site control.
- Actively assists other teams with real estate issues during subsequent phases of development.
- Oversees consultant technical work efforts and reviews reports related to all civil disciplines (site planning, surveys, wetlands, environmental, traffic, geotechnical, utilities, etc…)
- Works collaboratively with the Meijer Real Estate Managers, Design, Construction, Environmental and Legal Departments as well as other internal corporate departments as needed.
- Coordinates with Design on each individual project to assure latest prototype and standards are applied to each project through entitlement process
- Ability to interpret civil engineering drawings for compliance to industry & corporate standards
- Establishes due diligence and entitlement schedule for each new site, adhering to contract timelines
- Manages and maintains due diligence documentation, checklists, and reports.
- Directs the flow of information, routing and distribution of due diligence findings and communicates risks to the team as needed.
- Collaborates with the team on creation of project budgets used in financial projections for each acquisition.
- Attends & represents Meijer at municipal meetings on behalf of the project team
- Tracks and coordinates internal site approval documentation and authorizations to close
- Provides technical input in the negotiation of legal agreements related to property acquisition (i.e., Development Agreements, Operating & Easement Agreements).
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years of experience in related field preferred.
- Site planning; familiarity with technical aspects of civil design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of civil engineering disciplines, site planning, real estate development, wetlands, environmental, geotechnical, traffic, utilities.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Familiar with commercial land acquisition, governmental & municipal entitlement processes.
- Knowledge of Project Management software, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Occasional travel to project locations. Must possess project management technical skills, business acumen skills, as well as excellent organizational, analytical, written and communicative skills.