Civil Engineer Up to £40,000 (Depending on Experience)Permanent PositionLocation: BristolDepartment: Civil EngineeringMain duties and responsibilities
- Undertaking detailed design work
- Writing of engineering reports
- Undertaking site feasibility work
- Comply with company H & S standards at all times
- Other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the position.
What To Do Next
- Engineer level - ideally with 2-5 years on the job experience
- Client and local authority liaison experience is very important
- Varied project experience is desirable but with ideally a focus on commercial (retail, leisure, mixed-use, etc.) and residential
- Familiarity of common highway and drainage sectional agreements (S38, S278,S104, S185) is essential
- Must be an experienced user of WINDes and (ideally) Civils 3D, although users of other packages should still apply
- Excellent numeracy/general mathematics understanding are essential
- Capability of complex S278 design is desirable
- Ability to produce drainage strategies and zone 1 FRAs is desirable
- Good organisation, communication and presentation skills are essential - a good understanding of general processes and quality assurance standards is desirable
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.