Opportunity to join an established SME company with good track records for getting the job done on time and within budget for long term clients.
We are looking for a self-motivated, forward thinking qualified Quantity Surveyor with experience of working in Construction/Civil Engineering at Sub-contract level with knowledge of NEC and JCT contracts. Candidate profile:
Description of Role:
- HNC / Degree Qualified in Quantity Surveying & Commercial Management
- Minimum of four years post graduate experience with at least one year working at QS level
- Previous experience working within the civil engineering sector for a sub-contractor/contractor.
- Happy to attend site and split with working in Depot / Office environment.
- Price a range of contracts of £1k to £5m including resourcing on a plant, labour and materials basis.
- Prepare programmes for projects and track changes to the design and /or construction work and adjust the budget projections and programmes accordingly.
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project and negotiation of Labour contracts and schedules.
- Looking at the detail of all costs and keeping them to a minimum whilst maintaining excellent relationships with the supply chain subcontractors and suppliers.
- Measure and value the work done on site on a monthly BOQ or LPM basis.
- Early contract involvement on a range of projects to plan, budget and adapt to clients budget and timeframe.
- Maximum recovery and cash flow whilst also developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the client.
- Being the key commercial contact on site to help support, advise and develop all members of staff on both commercial and contractual matters.
- Monitoring subcontractors, safety practices, construction progress and material needs, including any changes which may impact costs.
- Preparing labour, Materials and plant valuations for monthly Applications for payment.
£40,000 to £60,000 + benefits including car, pension and Private Medical Cover. Salary on offer is dependent on the level of the candidate and technical knowledge when interviewed.