Senior Civil Engineer (Drainage and Infrastructure)BasingstokeCompany Overview
Crouch Waterfall is an established firm of Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Consulting Engineers with extensive experience of Railways, Buildings, Roads, Bridges and Waterways. The practice, formed in 1981, has enjoyed steady growth with works carried out throughout the UK from offices in Basingstoke, Bristol & Warrington. Crouch Waterfalls main focus is within five main areas: Buildings, Rail, Bridges, Temporary Works and Embankments & Earthworks Design. These disciplines overlap within most projects and allow Crouch Waterfall to provide a comprehensive Structural, Civil and Geotechnical Engineering design service.
Senior Civil Engineer (Drainage and Infrastructure)
Crouch Waterfall are currently experiencing strong growth with exciting opportunities and are looking for a flexible, practical engineer who can grow with the company to achieve the goals of the business in parallel with their personal ambitions. The company is progressing an ICE Training Scheme to aid in the development of all graduate engineers.Reporting to the Company Director, as a Senior Civil Engineer, they will be responsible for the drainage and infrastructure aspects for several projects within the Basingstoke office and wider business. They will work to support engineers and technicians to deliver the Civil engineering design whose scope will vary in value from small domestic projects up to £20m in construction value. The candidate will also coordinate with other CW offices to ensure the quality delivery of these elements works within the wider business.
The position requires a candidate who is keen to diversify and encompass the scope of our project remits which covers commercial structures, public sector structures, rail, domestic and temporary works design amongst others.
The role would suit someone with a background in infrastructure design
As a Civil Engineering Designer, the responsibilities and duties will include although not be limited to;
- Managing your project workload to achieve programmed deadlines
- Supporting other team members in the delivery of items within your ability
- Design of private drainage networks
- Desired - Development of solutions for sectional applications, including S106, S185, S278 and EA applications
- Design of drainage using Micro Drainage or PDS/Causeway flow software
- Prepare layouts in AutoCAD and with the support of technicians
- Preparation of FRAs, preplanning advice and documentation to support planning applications
- Advising junior staff on solutions and supporting other team members on developing solutions
- Taking ownership of projects and supporting the delivery team in the delivery of their projects, with respect to Civil and Infrastructure design.
- Designing Civil engineering schemes and reviewing, checking and approving designs prepared by others
- Liaising with clients to verify project scope and ensure deliverables
- Carrying out inspections, site surveys and assessments and preparing reports
- Preparation of tenders and fee proposals
- Developing new and existing client relationships
To be considered for this Infrastructure design role we require the following experience, qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Relevant Civil Engineering degree
- Near/Working Towards Chartered Engineer (ICE)
- 3+ years experience
- Client focused approach with effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Full UK driving licence and own transport
- Eligible to live and work in the UK and high standard of written English
Crouch Waterfall are a growing and highly successful organisation where the candidate will have the opportunity to use their technical, management and leadership skills to deliver on a wide range of projects. All commitment and achievements will be appreciated and rewarded, and as the Lead Civil/Infrastructure Engineer you will be encouraged and supported to progress senior position.
Salary: £ depending on experience
Holidays:25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays. Option to purchase up to 5 additional days holiday per year + your Birthday
Other Benefits: Company bonus scheme, pension, healthcare, cycle to work
Contracted Hours:40 hours per week/Part Time hours available
Hours of Work: Flexible working hours. Core business hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 4.30pm.
Contract Type: Permanent