Principal Civil/ Structural Engineer
£51,520 + pension (matched up to 8%) + 25 days holiday
Full time / Permanent
We are looking for a Principal Civil / Structural Engineer to join our client in Devonport, one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe. You'll be educated to degree level in Civil, Structural or related engineering discipline and be an experienced Chartered Engineer, or a candidate capable of demonstrating equivalent skills, knowledge, aptitude and experience.
What will you be doing?
Your responsibilities will include, but won't be limited to:
• Providing professional advice.
• The development and approval of new designs.
• Producing technical solutions to deficiencies in existing infrastructure.
• Review and sentencing of new designs, methods of construction and temporary works submitted to the Technical Authority
• Supervise the work of a team of engineers
The experience you'll bring
• Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as you will provide technical advice to senior stakeholders.
• Sound project specification, planning project management and budgeting experience.
• Sound experience of the inspection of civil engineering infrastructure, sentencing of defect and the development of remedial solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, as you'll be required to supervise the work of a team of engineers and deputise for the Group Manager as and when required.
• 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + flexible working
• Pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary
• Employee Share plan